Friday, March 23, 2012

Welcome to My Blog and Why I Created It

My Dad's funeral was a week ago today. It still seems surreal. I keep thinking that I should be able to pick up the phone and call him. We talked at least once a day and some days more than that.

I go through periods of crying, second guessing the events of his last day, and wondering what to do next.

I finally decided I would create a blog to not only help me work through the grief, but also to share my story going forward as I am now the sole caregiver for my mother. An interesting position to be in, as our relationship has been tepid at best and just two days ago she was accusing me of trying to steal from her (more on that story another time).

Anyway, as I head onward into the great unknown of my future - I thought it might be helpful for me to share the experience not only as an outlet for my grief, but also as a way to help others navigate the same trail of Survivor Benefits, Home Care workers and other day-to-day matters concerning the care of an aging parent.

So...if you're paddling the same waters and you've arrived here. Welcome to my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment