Saturday, June 9, 2012

Just Don't Know What to Say

It has been a topsy-turvy week with a lot of ups and downs. Mostly downs.

My mother's relatives basically were planning on having my mother sue me so she could be reinstated as the Executor of my Dad's will.

Back on May 9th, I attempted to help my mother by suggesting that she let me Execute Dad's will since there is no earthly way she can do it. She agreed, but later that night got into her mind that I was trying to take her money away from her.

It's a very long story, but the short version is that she called my uncle, who called another uncle, who called an aunt who called her son....who....is an attorney and he suggested that they get my mother a lawyer because they thought that I was trying to do something to her (as in steal her money).

So - they got a true scum-bag of an attorney for her and the next thing I know - they had convinced my mother to sue me. I will go more into the details of this another time - it is too painful to do it now.

In the end, I resigned and now my relatives have pretty much cut me off from being able to have a relationship with her. The kicker is, the uncle that is taking over mother's finances is a Priest. Instead of talking to me or asking me why I did what I did --- this person lied to me on three different occasions and had my mother's attorney draw up a lawsuit that not only asked for me to be removed as Executor, but also accused me of stealing and credit card fraud.

The uncle staying with my mother eventually realized that I had NOT stolen anything (my mother had simply forgotten that we placed some checks in my Dad's desk and that she did indeed know about the charges on the credit card and had actually made some of them herself), BUT he also never apologized and no one else has either.

I realize my mother has something wrong with her, such as Dementia or Alzheimer's, but I don't understand why someone didn't call me and ask me what was going on. I don't understand why they have taken over her finances and continue to act like I have done something when all I ever tried to do was help my mother.

I'm not sure where the relationship with my mother is going right now. If I can get a true diagnosis that there is something wrong, I might try to hang in there and help her. On the other hand, she has said and done things that I can't overlook. She obviously doesn't like me as a person and apparently holds things against me that I did in Junior High.

I'm heartbroken. Not only that my mother has said all these things, but also that people I knew and loved would do this to me.

Since this has happened, I'm not sure if this blog will continue or not. I still have a lot of useful information to pass on to you and I feel fairly certain that this story is not over, but there is a lot of pain here that I must deal with and I don't know how much of it I want to make "public" right now.

I know this situation is common. I know it happens everyday. When people you once looked up to do this to you, however, it's just not something that you're easily going to get over. So for now --- we will just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment