Friday, June 22, 2012

Just Pushed To the Side Like Old Garbage

My mother is enamored by her new paralegal.

Apparently, she is everything her daughter is not. I tried very hard not to argue with my mother today, but when she started listing the credentials of this woman --- I told her that I basically had the same training. My mother then accused me of making it up. She doesn't remember that I went to technical school when I got out of high school.

I also have over 15 years of bookkeeping running small businesses. Surely, this should make me qualified enough to run the financial affairs of my mother...

But....I guess not.

Each time I talk to her, my heart breaks just a little more. I try to remind myself that she has dementia, but it doesn't help the little girl inside who misses her Dad and desperately needs her mother.

I called and left a message for an attorney today to discuss Guardianship. I haven't heard back from him. Maybe this is a good thing. Today, I'm not so sure I want to be responsible for this woman who seems to hate me so much and accuses me of so many things.

She is mad at me for not helping her more when I was in junior high and high school. She accuses me of stealing from her and wanting money from her. How sad it is that she cannot just realize how much pain I am in right now. All she thinks of it how everything affects her.

On good days, I know something is mentally off, but today is not a good day and the tears are flowing as I write this. I wish my Dad was here to tell me "chin up" and that it will all be okay. But he's not and all I have left is an angry woman who is mad at her daughter. Yes, today is not a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment